I’m fresh (well, sort of ) back from the MIX11 event in the US which saw the release of the beta of Silverlight 5 and I thought I’d provide some links to sessions that I saw in the Silverlight world that you might want to catch up on from MIX.
It was a great event and Silverlight kicked off with the day-2 keynote where both the ‘Mango’ release of Windows Phone and Silverlight 5 were announced along with the Silverlight 5 beta.
If you want to get the bits for Silverlight 5, read Tim Heuer’s post here.
I’d recommend watching (at a minimum – you can always watch more);
- The day 2 keynote
- “Building In Browser Experiences with Silverlight 5”
- “Advanced Features in Silverlight 5”
- “Graphics & 3D with Silverlight 5”
- “Deep Dive MVVM”
- “Effective Validation Techniques with MVVM in Silverlight”
- “Tips for Improving Performance in Applications Built with Silverlight”
- “Introducing Microsoft Media Platform (MMP)” (for media folks)
There’s also, of course, a tonne of Windows Phone sessions with a lot of Silverlight material present as part of those sessions.
Enjoy catching up with MIX