Hmm. Maybe I’m just suffering a post-holiday motivational low ( which I am, in a big way 🙂 ) but I’ve been reading this;
and I’m struggling to see how the “reward” here is justifying the “effort”.
With Silverlight, it’s pretty easy for me to call a request-response service on a polled interval. I just;
- Write the service exactly as usual.
- Configure it exactly as usual.
- Generate a proxy exactly as usual.
- Call it exactly as usual.
- Use a client-side timer to call it again after some interval.
This is really pretty easy stuff and results in a lot less code than the “polling binding” so I’m struggling to see why I’d bother with it. It seems to be;
- More code
- More complexity
- Same (or very similar) functionality
So why would I do it? Anyone? Anyone? 🙂