TechDays Holland: “A Lap Around the Prism Framework for Windows Store Apps”

My session from TechDays Holland a couple of weeks ago is online up on Channel 9 – this was a relatively long session to give an overview of the Prism framework for building Windows Store apps.

I tried to go “from scratch” in this session and built up a small(ish) sample application before switching to talk a little about the AdventureWorks Shopper reference application that Prism provides. There was also quite a bit of Q/A in the session so I’m not sure how well that will come across on the video but if you’re interested give it a try and feel free to provide feedback – always happy to try and improve these things Smile

Posted Tue, May 6 2014 3:15 PM by mtaulty
Filed under: , , , ,

Comments

Carlos Farinha wrote re: TechDays Holland: “A Lap Around the Prism Framework for Windows Store Apps”
on Wed, May 7 2014 8:04 PM

Hi Mike,

Check the link because doesn't work on windows phone 8.

Hope see you soon.

Regards

Carlos

Blaine Wastell - patterns & practices client architecture guidance wrote Mike Taulty Prism for Windows Runtime Video
on Thu, May 8 2014 4:25 PM

Mike Taulty gave a great walkthrough of how to create an application using Prism for Windows Runtime

shaggygi wrote re: TechDays Holland: “A Lap Around the Prism Framework for Windows Store Apps”
on Sun, May 11 2014 10:41 PM

Great stuff Mike.  Do you plan to release the sample code?

on Mon, May 12 2014 12:47 PM

Good session.  Can you provide the sample app?

Chris Bordeman wrote re: TechDays Holland: “A Lap Around the Prism Framework for Windows Store Apps”
on Mon, May 26 2014 12:14 AM

Any word on Prism for Universal apps yet?  Last I heard the team was doing some spikes to determine what was necessary, but it's been more than a month and people are getting a little antsy.

Prism is important to us, but so are universal apps!

mtaulty wrote re: TechDays Holland: “A Lap Around the Prism Framework for Windows Store Apps”
on Wed, May 28 2014 7:23 AM

Hi Chris,

I don't have a date on it but I definitely believe it's coming.

Thanks,

on Wed, May 28 2014 7:24 AM

shaggygi,

I'll have a look at the sample code - I hadn't intended to publish it but if you're happy with it in the state that it was in for the session then I'm more than happy to publish it.

Mike Taulty's Blog wrote Windows 8.1 Apps: Updated Prism for Windows Runtime Session
on Thu, Jun 5 2014 4:06 PM

I found a screencast version of the talk that I did at TechDays in Holland last month and thought I’d