ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video

Similar to the previous Visual Studio 2010 and Silverlight videos of Scott’s sessions at the Manchester “Guathon” event the other week, here’s the video of the ASP.NET MVC (and MVC 2) session that Scott did to start the day.

Copying what I said about the previous videos;

I tried as best I could to maintain the high-def nature of what was shot across the 2 video feeds and the additional audio feed and that caused me a little trouble as I struggled to find somewhere to put the GBs of rendered video once I’d produced it :-)

Ultimately, I’ll try and get these to Channel 9 but in the meantime, here’s a quick cut of the session. Note that the partitioning of  the session into 2 pieces is pretty brutal in that one video stops and the next one immediately begins.

Scott Guthrie - Manchester UK - ASP.NET MVC(2) Part 1

Scott Guthrie - Manchester UK - ASP.NET MVC(2) Part 2

Scott Guthrie - Manchester UK - ASP.NET MVC(2) Part 3

Scott Guthrie - Manchester UK - ASP.NET MVC(2) Part 4

Scott Guthrie - Manchester UK - ASP.NET MVC(2) Part 5

Note also that these videos use images from the following places;

Cat Ashton

Craig Shoemaker

so I hope that neither of those folks mind my use of their nice imagery ( credited in the videos ) and I need to thank both;

The View Crew

for shooting the footage and, last but not least, Phil for more-than-helping to put the event together.

Posted Sat, Oct 24 2009 2:10 AM by mtaulty

Comments

Tom Madden wrote re: ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video
on Sat, Oct 24 2009 4:35 PM

Any chance of making these downloadable to watch offline? My connection at home sucks so it's always pausing.

TIA

Tom Madden

Quix Ltd

Sudhindra wrote re: ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video
on Sat, Oct 24 2009 8:11 PM

Hi Mike,

Could you by any chance post the direct link to download , "the Gu's" sessions at the Manchester ?

uberVU - social comments wrote Social comments and analytics for this post
on Sun, Oct 25 2009 5:28 AM

This post was mentioned on Twitter by mtaulty: Video available from the @ScottGu ASP.NET MVC (2) session from the Manchester #guathon. http://tinyurl.com/ykwx55p

DotNetBurner - ASP.net MVC wrote ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video
on Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:13 PM

DotNetBurner - burning hot .net content

DotNetShoutout wrote ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video - Mike Taulty
on Mon, Oct 26 2009 5:29 AM

Thank you for submitting this cool story - Trackback from DotNetShoutout

mtaulty wrote re: ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video
on Sun, Nov 8 2009 10:26 AM

Hi,

You should be able to download the videos from Vimeo - there's a download link at the bottom of the Vimeo page.

Servefault.com wrote ScottGu Manchester ASP.NET MVC Video - Mike Taulty's Blog - Mike Taulty's Blog
on Sun, Nov 29 2009 9:59 PM